Formatting a photo
From Georgetown University Commons Knowledge Base
Once you have inserted a photo into a post or page (see upload a file for more), you may want to further format that image to align it with text, include a border, or make it larger/smaller.
- Alignment (select left, center, or right, according to where on the page you'd like the image to display)
- Edit caption (you can include a caption here if you did not do so before)
- Size (you can change the size here, but proportions are not constrained; use the same ratio as before to preserve image integrity)
- Styles (use the following code to add basic elements)
- Gray border: type border: 4px solid #cdcdcd;
- Extra space around outside: type margin: 10px;
For advanced help on using images, consult the WordPress Codex page on images.