Google Maps Plugin
From Georgetown University Commons Knowledge Base
(Redirected from Embed Google Map)
Thanks to recent upgrades from WordPress, a plugin is no longer necessary to add a map to your site!
These instructions tell you how to embed a Google map into a post or into a sidebar widget.
- Go to maps.google.com and type in the location or address you wish to share.
- In the bottom right corner of the map page, click the small gear icon.
- Click "Share or embed map," then click "Embed map."
- Copy the embed code.
- On your blog, open a New Post, or Text Widget, depending on where you want to display the map.
- For a post, paste the embed code into the text editor (not the visual editor), and save the post. For a widget, paste the code into a the Custom Text widget and save.